Sunday, July 14, 2013

50(1)


Welcome to my blog. The whole point of this blog is to force me to follow through with my goal - To brew 50 - one gallon batches of beer over a one year span from 8/1/13 to 8/1/14. 

Background: I have been homebrewing for about four years now and have always been bad at writing. Like many, I started like many making 5 gallon batches from kits, then my own partial mash recipes, then made the move to all grain.

There are many reasons why I want to do 50(1) gallon batches including but not limited to: space constrictions (I am moving to a smaller apartment in August), experimentation (not having to drain-pour 5 gallons is nice), and I like variety (I get tired of drinking 5 gallons of one kind of beer regardless of how good or bad it is).

The plan: BIAB (Brew in a bag) all grain beers (except in the case of some high gravity beers), ferment, drink. I will post all recipes and evaluations of the beers as I drink them. 

Feel free to follow along, ask questions, give advice, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment