Friday, December 6, 2013

Pot?...


So after reviewing the water report(s) the conclusion is: They are conflicting and confusing. I think to be totally accurate I would have to send off some of my own water for analysis; and that's not happening. Only because we're only here for a year. Otherwise I would. Totally. So for the next IPA I am planning on adding a little gypsum because it does seem that the pH may be high and the calcium a bit low. Who knows? 

To further confuse matters I also bought a new brewpot. Was wondering if the old one was contributing to some off flavors. Less likely, but it was just and old pot that we had lying around, and I wasn't entirely sure what it was made out of. New one is a 3 gallon pot from Food Warehouse. Shipped fast, $20, and looks great...

No comments:

Post a Comment