Friday, June 6, 2014

#22 - Peated RIS



Said I was done brewing here. I lied. I just had to. Thought of some other possible reasons for the off flavors including; the yeast, and temperature control. So I bought some new yeast and am working on better monitoring temperature. Again using distilled water in case that was the reason.

Inspiration for this beer: I had a De Molen Hemel & Hel on a recent trip. One of the best beers I've ever had. And a total shocker because it was smoked. I hate smoked beers. Now it was with peat malt, which I think was the best part about the taste, and it was amazing. So this is my attempted version of that. A big, black stout with peat smoked malt. Really up the roast in this one as well, tossed in a ton of dextrine malt and some oats to try for a really thick body. 

This will be the last one before the move back to the CLE. Excited to get set up back there and continue on the way to #50.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/137408/roastalgia-dris

OG - 1.073, OB -  17.8

Hoping this even comes slightly close...

No comments:

Post a Comment