Wednesday, August 7, 2013

#2 - Pomegranate Lambic (SP?)



Second beer off and running as of tonight (picture from the mash above). Sidenote - The grinder and scale bought on Amazon worked perfectly.

I've always wanted to do a lambic. The plan for this one is to sit in secondary for 9-12 months before bottling. I've chosen to add the most difficult to spell fruit or vegetable in the world to spice things up - Pomegranate.

Wanted this to be a slightly darker lambic with just slightly chewy body and deeper flavors to go with the fruit. For some reason when I think pomegranate I imagine more of a sour brown. Aiming for something between the traditional pale lambic color/taste I associate with the style and that here. Recipe below:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/63584/-sp-pomegranate-lambic

Mead planned for this weekend and on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment