Friday, November 15, 2013

#17 - D-T-Q XMAS Ale


First of the two non-traditional X-mas ales. Again, I like X-mas ales. I'm just getting tired of the spiced sameness of most of them.

Should be ready just in time for X-mas. Despite my previous post stating that one was going to be a traditional ale, I have scrapped that idea. No cinnamon, nutmeg, or anything going in this one. I made that decision while staring at the spice rack in the brewing store today. Now - It's a festive Quad! Should be malty, cooked some sugar and malt (per Radical Brewing) to try and get some toffee flavors, some honey added, and just a pinch of corriander. Aiming for rich, warming, and ABV. Recipe below:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/83975/d-t-q-xmas

OB - 17.6, OG - 1.072, EG - 1.081

Next up is the X-mas saison...

No comments:

Post a Comment