Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#9 - Spiced Wit (SIATAB)


Had some of my wife's tea this week and really like the way it tasted. So tonight making a spiced wit with some black pepper and Red Rubris (sp?) tea. Recipe is loosely based on a Grand Cru that I made when I first started that was probably the first good beer that I made. Wanted to use the White Labs 410, which is supposed to really accentuate the spice, but they only had the 400. I cultured it up and saved some to try and remake that Grand Cru in the coming weeks. Should have a nice full body, added a bit of rye for a hint of spice and head retention and a touch (0.5%) acidulated malt for a little sour twang.

Recipe below:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/69708/siatab-wit

Brix - 15.6, Calculated OG - 1.064  
Next up, some sort of Saison...

No comments:

Post a Comment