Saturday, September 28, 2013

DRIS Bottled...


Bottled the DRIS today. Dark brown / black, taste is really good with a hint of chocolate, almost no roast flavors, on the sweeter side.

I have no idea what the ABV is but It was definitely done fermenting. Final Brix (FB) was 23 for a calculated ABV / FG of  7% and 1.066 respectively. That being said I don't know what the true original Brix (OB) was because I just took the highest value because it was off the scale of my refractometer. If the OB was closer to 36 (Calculated OG from recipe) then the current ABV is actually over 10% (estimated 15% but estimated FG of 1.04). I think the 1.066 is correct because there has to be some residual sugar that went unfermented because of the sweetness. 

Now we just have to see if the Champagne yeast is able to carbonate this one without it blowing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment