Wednesday, October 9, 2013

#13 - Coffee Dubbel (L-IAG!)


Heading deeper into the Belgian brews. Tasted the Wit today and it was good. Official review to follow. 

This is my adaptation of a Belgian Dubbel. I love the sweet, dark fruit richness of most Dubbels and it remains one of my favorite Belgian styles. Thinking about balancing that with just a bit of coffee in addition to the small amount of roast barley in the recipe. Haven't decided if tipping this slightly towards a stout is a good idea and whether it's going to happen or not yet. If not, I need to add coffee to something soon or I'm going to lose my mind!

Original plan was to add some rich dark fruits to this, and still may do that alternatively. Was thinking raisins, figs, plums, or something like that. Recipe below:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/74097/l-iag-coffee-dubbel
OB - 15, OG - 1.061 - Perfect - Slightly on the high side of volume.

We'll just have to see what ends up going into secondary with this one (hint - it's still going to be coffee)...

No comments:

Post a Comment