Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bruin(ish) Racked...



After days of no action an me wondering what was going on I reopened this to check things out. Evidence of fermentation in the bucket! (Which also doesn't have a perfect seal!). Also, the Brix dropped to 9 from 15 for a current gravity of 1.02 and ABV of around 5%. Is already has a lot of Brett smell / flavor and even a hint of sour already.

Also of note the recipe has been updated. I realized that I forgot to put the brown sugar in. I'm glad that I did and it's been deleted. Which means that my OG of 1.061 was actually pretty close to the new estimate 1.064. 

Also, also of note Brad the Brewmaster from Jackie O's got back to me. Nothing they make is pasteurized so anything is culture-able. Thanks Brad.

Now patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment